We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Guiainfantil.com brings you the pork leg, a traditional recipe for Christmas Eve dinner or Christmas food, from Colombia, that children will love.
The pernil is a very rich Christmas dish, but very elaborate, it is cooked in two steps: first the marinade and then the leg. We recommend that you marinate for up to two days before doing so and that when you buy it, ask your butcher to remove the thick skin from the outside, since if it is done with the skin, it could be very dry.
- 5 Kg pork leg
- 7 cups of red wine
- Oil, salt and pepper
- Half a cup of teriyaki sauce
- 8 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of ginger
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 2 carrots and 2 onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- A cup of heavy cream
1. Heat the oven to 190 degrees.
2. We go with the marinade, in a pot, put 6 cups of wine, the olive oil, the teriyaki sauce, the honey, the ginger, the tomato paste, the parsley and the garlic. Put on the fire until it boils and remove it.
3. In a baking tray with a wire rack, put the leg, season it with sauce and pepper, put the onion and carrot around and pour the previously cooked in the pot.
4. Lower the temperature to 180 degrees, bake for 90 minutes, add the rest of the marinade and bake again for another 90 minutes.
5. Remove the pork and let it rest for several hours. Now take the tray where the rack rested. Add a glass of wine and scrape off the remains after baking. Strain it and put the reduction in a pan.
6. In the pan, pour the reduction and the heavy cream, and cook until the cream is loose.
7. In a tray, put the roast pertil and add the cream sauce. Ready to enjoy it.
You can read more articles similar to Colombian Christmas recipe. Pork leg, in the category of Colombian Recipes on site.